lymphedema

Can lymphedema be related to hiv? My cd4 is over 700 but wonder if that makes any difference and how serious a problem is it? does it mean the virus is progressing fast?

Thank you for your post.

The essential part of your question is the cause of lymhedema-- fluid retention can be caused by a wide variety of conditions; some are related to heart and kidney function, others related to mechanical block of the lymphatic return.

Based on this, it would be foolish to guess whether this was HIV related or not.

I'd be sure to let your doctor know your symptoms; it sounds like an evaluation is in order.

Best of luck, BY

Stopping PIs for lipoatrophy
Level of Reyataz Very Low