Sep 24, 2006
Can lymphedema be related to hiv? My cd4 is over 700 but wonder if that makes any difference and how serious a problem is it? does it mean the virus is progressing fast?
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
The essential part of your question is the cause of lymhedema-- fluid retention can be caused by a wide variety of conditions; some are related to heart and kidney function, others related to mechanical block of the lymphatic return.
Based on this, it would be foolish to guess whether this was HIV related or not.
I'd be sure to let your doctor know your symptoms; it sounds like an evaluation is in order.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.