Stopping PIs for lipoatrophy

I've been on PI's since 96, and also just stopped taking DDI and VIDex due to the lipoatrophy. I switced from Viracept this last year to Lexiva Viramune and Truvada. Initially I gained weight in my buttocks, and face. But I've lost more. I also just finished a five month course of nandrolone and have gained about 8 lbs. T cells average 350 for 20 years. I'm 50. I hate the lipo. Can I stop the PIs?

It is possible that you might be able to stop the protease inhibitor Lexiva since you are on 4 agents and standard therapy includes 3 drugs. One exception would be if you have drug-resistant virus and the 4 drug regimen is being used for this indication. But lipoatrophy is more closely linked to nucleosides like Videx, Zerit, and AZT so there may not be much impact from the change. But Sculptra may be a consideration for the facial lipoatrophy based on the excellent results that are being seen. Thanks for posting and let us know how things go.

Should I switch my regimen to Atripla?
lymphedema