|Chances of the big breakthrough
Sep 19, 2006
I have been reading a lot on the Internet about research into HIV treatment. I've gathered that latent virus must be forced out of reservoirs and then killed in the bloodstream and that there is research currently underway into how to do this. My question is when will this this research come to fruition in the form of a cure and are researchers anywhere near that goal?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
This is crystal ball territory. No one knows when but I do know there are many trying to find ways to flush the virus out of its hiding places. I think we will see more advances over time but I think predicting when is best reserved for those who mind less being wrong.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.