resistant or not
Sep 19, 2006
after taking norvir for at least four years now my genetype test clearly says i am resistant. Recently my doctor changed my meds to include Aptivus. Why then should I now have to take even more Norvir to boost the Aptivus. How can Norvir boost anything if I am resistant. What does boost mean is something lacking in the Aptivus? Is this a part of salvage therapy? (tcells 112) Thank you
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Typically, tipranavir is used for persons who have a high level of PI resistance. Though subjective, some call this situation "salvage therapy".
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.