Viral Load confusion

Latest CD4 of 233 and CD4% of 19 and Viral Load of 21,000. My past labs were CD4 287, 315, 219 CD4% 24, 27, 21 ViralLoad 10,000 15,000 58,000 My Dr. says my Viral load should be around 100,000 with a CD4 count of 233 is that correct? Hey says maybe my immune system is able to control the virus since the viral load is not as high is that a possibility? I'm not on meds. Thank You.

You're doctor's wrong.

There's no reason to link your CD4 count to a particular viral load. Having a lower viral load simply means that your rate of CD4 decline might be slower than average.

That said, having a lower CD4 count doesn't mean that you will have a higher viral load, nor does having a lower viral load mean that you won't have low CD4 counts.

If you were my patient, with confirmed CD4 counts well below 300, I'd be considering medications for HIV in order to prevent having an AIDS complication. BY

Thank You
FAST PROGRESSOR? follow up