Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

I just didnt know

Im 20 and I found out i was HIV+ in Aug 2005, but tested negative in April of 2005. I went through i guess the normal depression, denial, etc. This year i started weight loss back in March (201lbs-175lbsnow) and head swollen lymphs of the neck and under my left arm. I then when to seek treatment, and my first CD4 213 and VL 85000. I was dismayed to see my levels had reached almost AIDS level.My doctor did a resistence test, and said we would start meds as soon as possible. So my question is this-How quickly does the CD4 counts drop and raise, and is it common for the virus to reach this stage within a year in others?

The drop in CD4 cell count is largely driven by the viral load. The higher the viral load, the more quickly the CD4 cells disappear. Different people have different viral loads for reasons that remain unclear but likely have to due with genetics and the type of virus acquired.

Your viral load is not the highest but it is not low. This can explain your relatively fairly rapid decline in CD4 cells.

Must restart therapy what regimen?
My allergy to penicillin and TCM 114 .