HIV positive sister

Hi, My sister's husband in Kenya died of aids related complications in 2004. My sister is still in denial and has not had the test herself. Please advise on the best drugs for her to start with so as to prolong her life, then I can advise her accordingly. I saw the husband's test results accidentally when I went through his medical records. As such, I have not discussed this with her as at first I didnt know how to plus I was/still am not empowered enough to offer her solutions to prolonging her life. I work in the Carribean and efforts to get the info on the Kenyan aids facilities online have been in vain. Please advise.

Thanks

I am not sure what to write. Your sister needs to know that her husband died of AIDS. She can then decide to get tested and hopefully will.

Rather than recommend a regimen, I think it will be more helpful to help her understand that medicines available in Kenya can help her not share her husband's fate - they can keep her healthy and prolong her life. More and more, better HIV therapies are reaching Africa, including Kenya. There is hope. Sticking her head in the sand will not save her.

These are the words, which along with your support, may be of the most value to her.

Mega HAART combination?
Must restart therapy what regimen?