|cd4 of 312
Sep 13, 2006
HELLO WHAT IF YOUR CD4 WAS 40 WHEN YOU FOUND OUT AND NOW IT IS 312, ARE YOU CONSIDERED TO STILL HAVE AIDS OR HIV?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
That whole HIV versus AIDS thing has really become less meaningful to me. The orginal intent of the AIDS diagnosis was to denote progressive HIV disease and it was also used to help track the disease and establish thresholds for financial benefits. With potent HIV meds, the diagnosis of AIDS, I feel, is no longer permanent. I would consider you as having HIV infection, period.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- How Effective Is Std Blood Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.