Sep 11, 2006
I am giving you the details of my sister's August reports. Please tell me if it is normal CD4 counts - 370, HIV-1 RNA Quantification by Real time SDS - 136668 IU/ml. Also this is the first time in 3 years this test has been done.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Your sister's CD4 count is at the lower limit of normal, and at a point where guidelines begin to suggest HIV medications.
Her viral load is pretty high at over 100,000 copies, suggesting that her rate of CD4 cell loss may be faster than average.
I hope this is helpful. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does Herpes Around The Anus Look Like?
- What Causes False Positive For Syphilis Testing?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Syphilis And Eye Problems
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.