False positive and Trizivir
Sep 7, 2006
I have a client who recently had a baby. The meconium test revealed a positive to THC, opiates, and morphine. My client states she is on Trizivir, 2x's a day. Will Trizivir cause a false positive for THC? (Patient stated she was taking Vicodin and was on a morphine drip due to a C-section...will that explain her positives to opiates and morphine as well?)
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. Sustiva has been associated with false positive tests for pot but this was apparently an issue for older generation tests.
The narcotics will explain positive tests for opiates.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have HIV
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.