Recently tested HIV+

Hey there. 19, male, after GHB rape 1 year ago, 6/2005 advised that I have HIV. My t cell count was 204 and v load was 125000. My doctor place me on right after the results on Atripla. Is this medicine becoming a recommended medication? Wondering if I'm making the right choice. Hope the best for me. Thanks!

Thanks for your post.

I'm definitely in agreement that you should be starting on medications, with a CD4 count that approaches the AIDS cutoff of 200 and a pretty high HIV viral load.

The combination of tenofovir, FTC and efavirenz (Atripla) is one of several recommended options in the most recent IAS-USA treatment guidelines .

Provided that you were fortunate enough not to have acquired a drug-resistant strain of HIV, this regimen should be very well tolerated and very potent.

Here's hoping for the best. BY

Late Sero-Conversion?
treatment and CD4 %