Aug 30, 2006
pheno indicates complete resistance to kaletra. will it still be effective as booster to a PI?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Although double-boosted PIs have a niche role in HIV management, the treatment of multi-drug resistant virus is moving towards some of the newer agents like tipranavir, darunavir (TMC-114), TMC-125, and the integrase inhibitors. The best approach will vary depending on individual circumstances and access to investigational trials. Best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Swallowing Cum
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.