Aug 30, 2006
pheno indicates complete resistance to kaletra. will it still be effective as booster to a PI?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Although double-boosted PIs have a niche role in HIV management, the treatment of multi-drug resistant virus is moving towards some of the newer agents like tipranavir, darunavir (TMC-114), TMC-125, and the integrase inhibitors. The best approach will vary depending on individual circumstances and access to investigational trials. Best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.