Need information for HIV inmate.

I came across The Body website while searching for information to send my nephew who was just diagnosed with HIV 04/06. He is in Nevada State Prison and information is extremely limited. There is so much info but non pertains to someone in the situation he is in. Can you help steer me in the right direction? thanks so much. Aunt M

Dear Auntie M,

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew; I'm personally not familiar with the Nevada Department of Corrections system, so I'll have to speak only in general terms.

The key issues with someone in his situation is related to how long he'll be incarcerated, whether he's symptomatic or not, what his CD4 count is. If he's asymptomatic and has a CD4 count that's greater than 350, then there's no immediate need for medical intervention (other than routine health monitoring).

On the other hand, if he's having problems or symptoms, then make sure that he gets a chance to be evaluated by an experienced HIV healthcare provider.

Feel free to write us back with any relevant details or other questions. BY

HBV + worried for my girlfriend
Atripla??