|Taking Atripla within a 6 hour window
Aug 24, 2006
I recently switched my drug treatment to the single pill Atripla and try to take the pill at noon each day, but with work and my schedule, this isn't always possible. So, what I've been trying to do is take the drug somewhere between 9am and 3pm with noon being the ideal time. My viral load is undetectable and my CD4 count moves between 800 and 900. Will varying the time I take this drug each day, within the 6 hour window, still work, or am I risking treatment failure?
Thanks for taking time to answer my question.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The more consistent you take the med the better. However, I suspect that if you take the drug within this window you should be fine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.