KS over the night?

Dear Doctor,

I read your forum very often and thank you for a lot of important information obtained.

Have already been infected for over 4 years, no meds. Viral load and imunologic profile unknown or better said not accessible. There are 2 red flaty lessions of irregular shape, size around 1,5 and 2cm that developed on my lower leg over the night. There is no itching, no pain. There is soft pinky irregular map around those lessions that might be around 3 up to 4 cm. If lession is pressed by finger it is sill red. No colour change. I would like to ask if this might be KS and would it be possible to occure over the night?

Thank you so much for your advice.

Thanks for your post.

It would be highly unusual for KS to come up overnight. It's conceivable to me that you might not have noticed the lesions before, but if one assumes that your observations are correct, it's probably not KS.

Now, if your were my patient, I'd try to find a way to get CD4 count testing at the very least (am I correct in the assumption that you're not living in the US or Western Europe?). Four years is a long time, far too long, to go without lab monitoring. I tell my patients here in Colorado that one simple way to take charge of their own care is to make sure that they get routine lab monitoring at least 3, if not 4 times a year (even if they don't come in to see their doctor).

I hope this is helpful. BY

Started New Meds Today
Is it to late to take PEP?