Spouse's lymph mass?

Dr. Yound, I was diagnosed with HIV about 3 years ago. At the time, my wife tested negative. She has never been retested, but we have never had any high risk sexual activity since (e.g., no orafices ever entered) and it had been over 6 months since we had any sexual contact prior to her testing negative. Now she has a mass on her cheekbone and recently had a MRI. All we know is that it is not a salivary gland stone. Most of what I have read implies that HIV could cause everything we have been told it could be (cyst, abcess, necrotic lymph node, or lymphoma). She is not able to get into an ENT for further evaluation of what it is until the end of the month. Would it be worth asking her primary care MD to do another HIV test in the meantime? Nervous Husband

Thanks for your post.

While I have a very low level of concern that your wife has an HIV-related complication, of course, it would be worth repeating an HIV teset. It's far less expensive that a MRI scan, and if it only provides reassurance, it's money well spent. BY

NEWLY DIAGNOSED
T-cell count and aids