NEWLY DIAGNOSED

My lover was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He also tested positive. He just found out he is positive and he was never sick until now.Today, I just found out that his CD4 count is 68. I think this is very low.We are very concern that he might not recover and die. I found a doctor that I think is an expert and I will be consulting him next week. Can a CD4 count go up or is it just going to come down? He is starting to feel better, still weak but his strength is coming back.

Thanks for your post.

I'm always saddened and sorry to hear about new cases, especially when diagnosed with complications, like your lover.

Know that while things are very serious, that modern treatment for HIV have restored health and life for many thousands of people. With his low CD4 count, he'll need to be starting on antiretroviral medications in the very near future, if not already. CD4 counts can and do improve, often as much as 200 cells in the first year of treatment.

Best of luck and health to both of you. BY

fuzeon- what next
Spouse's lymph mass?