What causes fat to leave areas of body?
Aug 16, 2006
Hi, do hiv meds create the loss of fat from butt and legs or does hiv itself cause it?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
The answer is probably a mixture of both drugs and HIV are related to lipodystrophy; I believe that most people discount or forget about the role that HIV plays in this and tend to place all of the "blame" on the drugs.
Rather than try and give you a comprehensive answer here, I'd suggest spending some time on TheBody.com's Lipodystrophy Resource Center.
I hope this is helpful. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hairy Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted By Sharing A Cigarette?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.