New OI vaccines
Aug 15, 2006
Please could you advise what potential value the new Zostovax (shingles) vaccines are for HIV positive people? I am male, not currently on meds but have had shingles in the past. I do not know whether I have HPV virus or not. Thank you,
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Currently the Zostovax (shingles) vaccine isn't approved for use in patients with immune deficiencies. I'd be cautious (but curious) for now. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Stds Cause Cancer?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
- Can You Have Surgery If You Have Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.