CD4 and V.L.
Aug 15, 2006
Is it possible to have a high v.l. and high CD4 count or are they always relatively inversely proportional to eachother?
Response from Dr. Young
Patients with very low CD4s tend to, but don't necessarily, have high viral loads; conversely patients with healthy CD4s can have either a high or low viral load.
The value in the viral load test is that it predicts the rate of change in CD4, but not what the absolute (or percentage) CD4 will be.
I hope that this clarifies things for you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.