|CD4 and V.L.
Aug 15, 2006
Is it possible to have a high v.l. and high CD4 count or are they always relatively inversely proportional to eachother?
| Response from Dr. Young
Patients with very low CD4s tend to, but don't necessarily, have high viral loads; conversely patients with healthy CD4s can have either a high or low viral load.
The value in the viral load test is that it predicts the rate of change in CD4, but not what the absolute (or percentage) CD4 will be.
I hope that this clarifies things for you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.