That old diarhrea question again!

I was on drug holiday for the past 6 years. Within the past 6 months my cd4 count dropped from 340 to 182 and viral load went up to 200000. I just started a regiment of Ziagen, Viread, and Kaletra. The first week I had the usual headache and sore stomach. But within the past two weeks I have very watery stools, especially after I eat. Should I try to last out a couple more weeks? Or go crying to my doctor to change (joking)?

Thanks for your post.

Two weeks of diarrhea? Seems like a lot to put up with. It's pretty likely that your diarrhea is the result of the lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra). If simple measures, such as Immodium or loperamide (Lomotil) don't help, it is certainly time to bring this to your doctor's attention. Depending on your past treatment history, perhaps a switch to an alternative protease inhibitor could help.

Best of luck, BY

HIV+ Women and pregnancy
OMG I think its time for meds.