Crossing the blood-brain barrier
Aug 15, 2006
I currently take Sustiva and Truvada, with the understanding that Sustiva and the Emtriva in the Truvada cross the BBB. I need this ability of my regimine to penetrate my brain as I have PML. I've seen some improvement but should another drug that crosses the BBB be added, such as Kaletra or Rescriptor, to increease this pentration? Thabks!
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Dr. Wohl recently answered a question very similar to yours.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Does Vinegar Dry Up Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.