The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

KS Treatment
Aug 15, 2006

I just returned from the oncologist office and she is recommending chemo treatment. Is this correct? This contradicts your last message to me regarding KS treatment. You never mentioned chemo. Which is correct? You or my oncologist?

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

I think that both might be correct.

KS that's restricted to the skin is usually treated with just HAART. For those cases of internal or visceral involvment, or for those persons whose skin (or cutaneous) hasn't responded to HAART, then either local or systemic chemotherapy is often used. BY

my friends
Crossing the blood-brain barrier

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint