Whats it mean to be a Carrier of HIV

I just found out after 2 yrs of having negitive blood test for HIV that I am a carrier. I took the test every 6 months after I was raped and now after all this time it came back positive. What does it mean to be a carrier?? I have all the Hep B shots and everything so what do I do now? What meds will my Dr. recommend?

Sorry to hear about your situation.

While I usually don't describe HIVers as "carriers", I suspect this means that you are HIV antibody positive and have the virus in your blood.

Hopefully, at this point, your not experiencing any symptoms and have a healthy immune system.

There's much that should be done, but it starts not with medication for HIV, but finding a HIV doctor/specialist that you can trust and communicate with. He or she will then embark on determining your health situation, CD4 count, HIV viral load and resistance tests among other things.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck. BY

newly diagnosed
my friends