Aug 15, 2006
What if you are alrady on med's and still loseing weight? what else could be wrong?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Many factors can influenc weight in HIVers, not just medications or viral load. It's not unusual to see weight loss in persons with undetectable viral loads-- sometimes it's because of depression, other times because of anorexia (loss of appetite) or low testosterone levels.
If you're loosing weight, have a talk with your doctor to look for possible causes.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
- Hiv Anxiety Prostitute Broken Condom Unprotected Oral
- How Long Can People Live After Getting Hiv?
- How Long Can Std Survive Outside The Body?
- I Have Night Sweats But No Fever Could It Be Hiv
- Interactions Between Diazepam And Atripla
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.