Baseline Results

My initial CD4 was 220 and viral approximately 199,234. I repeated follow up tests in 30 days and my CD4 was 245 and viral 3,684! Is this possible? My doctor is not an HIV specialist. Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Thanks for your post.

It's good that your doctor has ordered to sets of HIV labs. I'd recommend getting a baseline resistance test too (among other tests).

I don't know how to explain the large change in your viral load, though an secondary illness or vacination on the first test might explain why it's higher.

Your two separate CD4 counts are essentially the same value; both close to the AIDS-defining level of 200. Because of this, I'd view your overall situation to indicate that the time to start on HIV medications has come.

Best of luck, BY

Can 1 or 2 PI's be enough?
Nevirapine