Aug 14, 2006
hello, last day(about 26hr. ago) realized that my condom was slipped during sex, i dont know my partner well but she may be positive, can i use any medication for decreasing the risk?
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) to prevent HIV after high risk exposure can reduce your risk. Optimally, PEP needs to be started within 72 hours of exposure.
I'd contact your doctor. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Symptoms To Show?
- Body Fluids That Carry Hiv
- Can You Be Hiv Positive And Have A Normal Pap Smear?
- What Physical Effects Does Hiv Have On A Person?
- Hepatitis C Transmission In Lesbian Sexual Contact
- How Often After Infected Does An Hiv Test Show You Been Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.