Aug 14, 2006
hello, last day(about 26hr. ago) realized that my condom was slipped during sex, i dont know my partner well but she may be positive, can i use any medication for decreasing the risk?
| Response from Dr. Young
Yes, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) to prevent HIV after high risk exposure can reduce your risk. Optimally, PEP needs to be started within 72 hours of exposure.
I'd contact your doctor. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Dryness?
- Is Stringy Vaginal Discharge A Side Effect From Provera?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Hep C?
- Anyone Ever Tested Negative At 3 Months Retest Positive Later
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.