combivir

I am in my 3rd day of combivir treatment to try to prevent infection of HIV from a highly risky unprotected sexual encounter...I was wondering what substances one should avoid so as not to decrease the effectiveness of the medicine (i.e. alcohol, iron pills, vitamin B-100, marijuana, other vitamin supplements, propecia, and any othes you can tell me)...Thanks.

There aren't any significant drug-drug interactions between AZT/3TC (Combivir) and the substances that you've listed.

The essential thing (like for HIV+ers) is to stay adherent to your PEP regimen and get the suggested follow up testing.

Best of luck, BY

starting a therapy
Treatment