Help for pregnant daughter with AIDS

Thank you for the response. I wrote this email several months ago and since then she lost the babies in June at 6 months. She is still very thin, has had bleeding ulcers and a blocked bile duct. She is getting better, but we still dont know her prognosis. She is now seeing a hematologist and they have started her back on HIV meds. Not sure if she is taking them properly or not. I sure hope so.

Thanks for your follow up.

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter's pregnancy; I'm heartened to hear that her health is improving and that she's been able to resume antiretroviral medications.

It's really important that families stay involved and supportive of their loved ones in time of illness. To this extent, she will benefit from your assistance with adherence to her medication regimen. I'm sure that your daughter benefits from your concern.

Write us back anytime with questions or concerns. BY

Response to Facts about HIV
Seroconversion