what is HTLV and is it HIV

I gave blood about 7 years ago and the results came back with a possible HTLV, I really can not find much information on it and my doctor even looked complex when I asked him about it. I have recently been seeing a doctor for swollen lymphs and had a ct scan yesterday, it showed my lymphnodes enlarged and possible "lymphoma" but I refuse to accept it duue to my white and red blood cell count is good?? Should we be looking at HIV or HTLV?

HTLV is human T-cell lymphocytic virus (there are two types, HTLV 1 and 2). HTLV is associated with certain types of T cell lymphomas.

HTLV is not HIV. Simple blood tests easily distinguish between the two. You can refuse to believe what you want, but unfortunately in your case, a normal WBC and RBC counts don't rule out lymphoma. If you had an indeterminate ("possible") HTLV test 7 years ago, I'm puzzled why your doctor hasn't ordered testing for HTLV (or HIV). BY

Resistance Profile
No response necessary-just a thank you from me