How long do I have till I take meds?

hI..How are you? I'm a 41 years old,I have been with HIV for 1 year and 2 months.My viral load is 10000 and Tcells 589,I'm not taking meds yet...till when I will be meds free? Is it normal for my viral load to increase to 10000 in one year? Thanks

Thanks for your post.

While predictions like this are only predictions, if you and your virus behave "normally", I wouldn't expect you to require medications for several years, perhaps 5 or more.

Just FYI, a viral load of 10,000 is actually below average-- you got there within weeks of your initial infection.

Know that you wouldn't want to rely simply on this prediction, but careful monitoring of your symptoms and laboratory results will allow you and your doctor to accurately tailor this decision to your particular needs and situation.

Best of health to you. BY

Is the ID doctor my primary practioner?
patented query