|IS IT TOO LATE
Aug 10, 2006
My Sister Has known she was HIV for now 4 years and never taken any medication, she has never been ill, but has lost a lot of weight now, she is suffering from diarrhoea at the moment, is it too late for her to get any medical help, to make her healthy again?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
It's really never too late to get care for HIV. Current medications for first-line treatment of HIV are highly effective, even among persons with very advanced disease.
Your sister clearly needs to get under experienced HIV healthcare and probably, in the near future, start on combination treatment.
Best of luck, thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.