SEROCONVERSION....AFTER 13 YEARS???

I have tried to get an answer to this from many places, including yourselves, but no-one seems to know. I was diagnosed in Nov 2004, after having been in a monogamous relationship for 13 YEARS by then. My partner is HIV-, so he cannot have infected me, so if it was sexually transmitted, it would have to have been 13 years earlier. I was taken to hospital in April 2001 with a severe rash (which we know understand to have been sero conversion)...is this possible? AFTER 13 YEARS?? I did have a tattoo 4 months prior to this..is this the more likely path of transmission, given the dates and timing? PLEASE answer this time...not knowing is very hard for me. Keep up this INVALUABLE work. NB, U.K.

NB, thank you for your post and comments.

Sometimes the data is difficult to piece together. It's very, very unlikely that you seroconverted 13 years after exposure. On the other hand, it's not inconceivable to me that your rash could have been your seroconversion (primary HIV infection, PHI) period; perhaps following exposure from the tattoo.

Best of health to you. BY

Do I need to change my medication cont.
RESISTANCE QUESTIONS