initiate?

I'm treatment naive, and pos for the past 5 years. cd4s are 590 with 40%. My weight is stable, but it is clear that I am losing muscle mass, as I am getting progressively smaller over the years since I became pos. My clothing is getting looser and looser on me, my bones are more prominent all over my body, and even my shoes fit much looser, while my belly is getting larger. I'm very careful with a nutritionist and personal trainer, and it is clear that for someone like me (25 year old male) my physical changes are not natural age induced changes.

Upon thorough investigation, no other factor was found besides link to viral load (50,000).

Do you think is this cause to begin therapy?

Thanks for your post.

I'll assume that you've had a complete workup for causes of muscle mass loss (including an evaluation of your testosterone levels).

That said, then unexplained weight loss (and muscle loss) could be attributed to HIV; in your case, it clearly sounds like you've done your homework and suspect that starting on HIV medications would be a reasonable next step.

Good luck, BY

water retention on medication
Gym and Nutrition