Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sustiva and Truvada works.
Aug 5, 2006

I was recently diagnosed with HIV in late March of 2006. The only reason it was found, because I was also diagnosed with Lymphoma, which the HIV caused. My Dr. informed me that my CD4 count was at 50, compared to normal people having a count of 500. He also said my viral load was 396,000. Since then, my Dr. has put me on Sustiva and Truvada. In less than two months, my viral load shrank to only 160. I also have had an increase in my CD4 count to 86. The only reason that it wasn't higher was because I am still going through chemotherapy, which also kills the CD4. I have also recently found out that there is no more lymphoma in my body. I just wanted to pass on this information because HIV doesn't mean an end to the world. I am living a normal life and feel great. I just make sure I take my pills every day.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post and for sharing your story.

Keep us posted on your progress-- it'll be of considerable value to those starting or contemplating starting on HIV medications.

Best of health to you. BY

Previous
Timing sustiva to avoid side effects
Next
Grapefruit seeds extract

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.