THE END RESULT

I WAS TAKEN VIRAMUNE 200M,EPIVIR150M,ZERITT40M TWICE A DAY.DIG IN 1998 AND HAVE BEEN TAKEN THEN THE WHOLE TIME. STAT.CD4 1260 VL. UNDECT 75.I HEAR THIS IS A REALLY BAD COMBO. I'M OFF OF THEM NOW(FINANCE PROLBEMS) AND I'M HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS. WHATS GOING ON

Thanks for your post.

Your regimen was a popular one in the US in the late 1990's-- just the time when you were started. It remains (for better or worse) a popular one in many developing countries, where the three drugs are coformulated (off patent) into a drug called TRIOMUNE. In your case, it looks like the medication worked very well to suppress your virus and increase (or preserve) your CD4s.

Currently, the medication combination has fallen from favor, since the d4T (Zerit) is now know to cause increased risk of lipoatrophy and for persons with normal(ish) CD4 cell levels, nevirapine (Viramune) is associated with excess risk of serious liver toxicity.

As to why you're not well now, I'm afraid we'll need more information about your current CD4s, symptoms, etc.

Write back with details if you'd like. Until then, here's hoping for good health. BY

nasty dreams from Sustiva
Hiv Treatment