steriods

Hi Doc

A friend of mine is on Kaletra and Truvada for the past two months and all is going well. He is always at the gym and he told me that he is about to take testosterone cypionate for the next six weeks about 4 ml a week. It is a fast acting steroid and he is a very responsible person and looks after himself but I am worried about him gaining resistance to the meds? I train with him and he is a good friend. Should there be any complications with the 4ml per week cypionate and this combination of truvada and kaletra? I dont know if my intervention would persuade him otherwise but I just want to know.

Concerned friend.

The main issues with testosterone cypionate would be the known potential side effects of this agent: acne, irritability, higher hemoglobin (thicker blood), urinary hesitancy, and testicular shrinkage. If the testosterone is mixed with oil this delays the absorption and slows down its action. If comes in different strengths, but 4 ml a week is higher than normal replacement doses and would not be a good idea. The use of testosterone should not affect viral resistance.

how about Maintanence therapy with Kaletra alone?
nasty dreams from Sustiva