Aug 3, 2006
I have a history of mild depression. I realize that sustiva can have certain psychiatric issues, including depression. Do you think that all patients with a history of depression should avoid Sustiva, even if the depression was mild?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
I don't think that everyone with a history of depression should necessarily avoid Sustiva. But if Sustiva is chosen as part of combination therapy it is prudent to monitor for exacerbation of depression. That said, most people with mild or controlled depression do fine on Sustiva. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Bleeding Cervical Cancer Pain Muscle Spasm
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.