cd4 level or percentage

hello

I am on meds (Kaletra, Epivir, Viread) for 6 months, 3 months ago my cd4 was 320 (17%) and now is 247 (22%). what is more important: the percentage which went up or the cd4 which goes down?

Viral load was 3 monts after starting down from 50000 to 5000, now I wait for the results. Am I drug resistant?

I finished chemo 3 months ago, could it have an impact on my cd4's going down now?

(thank You so much for Your great work!)

Hello and thanks for posting.

The percentage is more important than the actual CD4 count. We generally test for viral resistance before starting anyone on HAART for the first time. If you did not have drug-resistant virus before starting therapy it is very unlikely that you have it now. The regimen you are on is quite potent and rates of treatment failure are very low. The recent chemotherapy may well be the reason for the decline in the total CD4 count. Let us know how things go after you are on therapy for a while longer.

Straight Talk About Atripla
Sustiva-Depression