|I ran the Comrades Marathon
Aug 3, 2006
Hi Dr Young
In May this year I asked you if it was ok for hiv+ people to run marathons and you had no problem about it. I have good news for you: on 16 June this year I ran and finished the Comrades Marathon; the most gruelling race in South Africa (89km) if not the whole world. I'm still feeling ok and I'm not yet on ARV. Thank you so much for your support and advice.
Cliff South Africa
| Response from Dr. Young
Great to hear from you; congratulations on the run-- your news should give encouragment to many of our readers who wonder about life with HIV.
All the best, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Aching After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.