follow up test
Aug 3, 2006
ill be brief and straight to the que.if a hiv positive person has started medication,and goes back for follow up test.and is told that is viral load is undetected.does it mean if he/she does another test eg rapid test or elisa somewhere else .the result wont be positive.cause viral load is undetected.or what does it mean.thanks in advance
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Even with a undetectable HIV viral load, HIV+ persons will continue to have a positive HIV antibody test. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within 2 Years?
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Origin Of Hpv?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.