|Acyclovir resistant herpes!!
Aug 2, 2006
I have acyclovir resistant herpes according to my physician, so he prescribed me Valtrex 1000mg twice a day for 30 days. Is this appropriate treatment? My insurance company will only pay for 14 days!
| Response from Dr. Wohl
If your herpes is found during testing to be resistant to acyclovir, Valtrex will not work. Valtrex is a pro-drug of acyclovir - meaning it gets converted to acyclovir in the body.
Other choices include foscarnet (intravenous) and cidofovir (intravenous and topical).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Doctor Treats Herpes?
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Clear Your Reproductive System Of Hpv Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.