fatty liver healing time
Aug 2, 2006
I would like to know about how long it takes an alcohalic fatty liver to heal if alcohal is eliminated and a healthy diet is excercised. Thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question with any specifics, as the time to recovery (if any) will depend on the extent of the alcohol injury and other medical conditions (like hepatitis virus or medications).
Suffice to say that recovery from biopsy-proven fatty liver will take some time-- perhaps weeks or even months, in severe cases.
I hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do They Test For Hepatitis C Before Surgery?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- When To Expect Candidiasis To Die Off?
- Is There A Relation Between Homosexuality And Hiv?
- When Do Shingles Stop Itching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.