fatty liver healing time
Aug 2, 2006
I would like to know about how long it takes an alcohalic fatty liver to heal if alcohal is eliminated and a healthy diet is excercised. Thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question with any specifics, as the time to recovery (if any) will depend on the extent of the alcohol injury and other medical conditions (like hepatitis virus or medications).
Suffice to say that recovery from biopsy-proven fatty liver will take some time-- perhaps weeks or even months, in severe cases.
I hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many People Seroconvert After 8 Weeks?
- Is A 3 Month Test After Taking Pep Reliable?
- Is There An Immediate Notification If Positive HIV Test Result?
- Penis Was Touching The Inside Of The Toilet Bowl
- Getting Chlamydia Without Intercourse
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.