going back on meds

Hi. First off thanks for all the great advice you guys give. Many of us are thankful for it.

I enrolled in a clinical trial upon seroconversion and completed 6 cycles of Interleukin-2. I came off meds 30 days after completing my last cycle.

I'm doing an additional "booster" cycle this fall and need to go back on daily meds. Last time I took Combivir and Viramune. Is it better to use the same one's again or does it matter? I really struggled w/ my energy while on them and attribute it to the AZT. What would you recommend? I will be on them for approximately 3 moths total.

It could well be the AZT in Combivir that is sapping your energy. You could try Truvada and Viramune and see if thsi makes a difference.

Interesting that Viramune is what your docs recommended as most are squeamish about giving this med to those with higher CD4 cell counts due to increased risk of liver toxicity at high CD4s.

One Month CD4 Increase
reservoir in gut?