Very confused about your answer about life spam Dr. Wohl

Hi Dr. Wohl, thank you very very much for your answer though i must say that it puzzled me and scared me somehow. I send an email before with many questions, metioning that my doctors where puzzled.....in your answer you reffer to life spam, and i dont really get what you mean? do you mean that i should add 13 years from now that i started hiv treatment, according to latest information and on top of that i could add 10+ years if i live healthy? or you are saying that because of the disadvantage of starting with low cell counts, i should be looking at probably just 10+ years from now since i started my meds? It doesnt seem to be clear......and please also advice about what you think about the combination or Lexiva, boosted by Norvir, and Truvada. Thank you very much and i hope to hear back from you soon.

Hi

A recent analysis suggests that modern HIV therapy adds an average of 13 years of survival beyond what a person could expect without such therapy. So, this 13 is on top of the years of life that can be lived without HIV therapy. But, this is an analysis looking at aggregate data and can not be used to predict life expectancy of any one person. It just gives a general sense of the benefit of therapy (huge).

Lexiva/Norvir + Truvada is a fine combo. Although not on the US Department of Health and Human Services 'preferred' list of initial regimens, I suspect it is only a matter of time until it is added.

I suspect you will do fine so try not to worry.

older folks
One Month CD4 Increase