drug process

Hello Dr,Young. As always thank you for your answers. My question today is how long take a pill to be process by the liver or to be assimilated by the body, the reason of my question is because i ate something that upset my stomach and then in an hour and half after i took my pills (virmaune/combivir) I vomit so i'm worry that i vomit the pills also. Please tell me what I should I do if this thing happen again. Should i take another two pill or let it go. Thank you, Spanish

Spanish-

Thanks for your post and comments. It's good to hear from you again.

In general, most pills are absorbed into the "system" within 15-20 minutes of swallowing. I tell my patients that if they vomit within this time frame AND they see pill fragments in the vomit, then you could consider redosing the medications.

In your case, after 90 minutes, there's little need to worry about having to take them again.

Best health to you. BY

Health Drinks
older folks