Health Drinks

I started a health drink that has 19 fruits from the amazon in it, including ACAI. My last CD4 count was 1700. My Dr. was puzzeled and couldn't tell me if this was from the MonaVie drink. I saw on Oprah that ACAI flushed out toxins from the body and boosts the immune system. Again my Dr. said because it was not a drug he didn't have any info on it. I was at 800 CD4 last year ans he started me on Sustiva and Truvada. In a little over a year I have went from 800 to 1700 CD4. He is just scratching his head. Are you aware of any research on the Acai berry?

Thanks for your post.

I'm skeptical. A Pubmed (the best search engine for published scientific articles) search for Acai and HIV failed to produce any cross references. Further, there aren't any references about Acai and CD4 cells; I'd have a hard time backing up Oprah's claims in the court of evidence-based medicine (or malpractice, for that matter).

It's clear that you have had a very large increase in your absolute CD4 cell count, not inconsistent with starting on HAART. While your numbers are big, make sure that you look at the changes in your CD4% before concluding about your 1700 absolute count.

If there are readers who have other beta on Acai, I'd welcome their comments. BY

Stocrin and Sustiva
drug process