simplify

Hi Docs

I'll quickly add my thanks for everything you do here. This is an invaluable resource for us pozitoids!

Just a quick one for you. I'm taking d4T, epivir and viramune. Am doing pretty good, CD4 is up to 450 from 290 when I started, viral load has gone from 230k to undetectable. However, I'm always on the lookout for simplifying things, and have recently heard about "triomune" which is apparently a pill with all three drugs combined. I think it's a generic drug, so surely it's also cheaper than the separate pills? Have you come across this? Why isn't it widely used?

Thanks for all your great advice.

Sam

Thanks for your post.

The triple coformulated d4T/3TC/nevirapine called Triomune is available only in the developing world. Triomune is used extensively as a first line treatment in many countries (including some that I've worked in) and is far less expensive that it's components when purchased in the US or Europe.

Unfortunately, patent law (and the inability of corporations to cooperate) prohibits the sale of this medication in my country.

I hope this helps. Best of health to you. BY

just started meds
Atripla