MSF in Ukraine

Hello Dr.Young,

This is not a question about meds, but rather I have recently met someone at an ANAC meeting who mentioned your name. He had said you've been to the Ukraine and have worked with MSF. I was wondering if while you were there if you had ever met Dr.Tim Meade? I met him in 2001 while I was living in Moscow and have kept in touch via e-mail over the years. I just returned from visiting him in Zambia for the past 5 weeks. My docotral work is in adults with HIV and pain management.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely, Sabrina Q. Mikan, RN, CNS-BC Doctoral student, UT Austin School of Nursing nurse2003@mail.utexas.edu

Thanks for your post.

Yes, I've been to Ukraine several times in the past year; I help to run a training program on HIV and HIV therapies for healthcare providers from Eastern Europe and Central Asia (parts of the world experiencing some of the fastest growing HIV epidemics). I'll be heading to Russia in the Fall to teach TB/HIV courses.

While there, I work with many individuals, including some from MSF ("Doctors Without Borders"). I haven't had the opportunity to work with Dr. Meade, though have worked with Dr. Alexander Telnoff (from Odessa, Ukraine) and Carlos Cordero (from New York, and Puerto Rico).

Best of luck with the dissertation. BY

SHOULD I BELIEVE MY DOCTOR?
just started meds